May 09th, 2012
Are newsletters still a good marketing vehicle?
What about all the social networks, blogs and other clever ways we can communicate online? Is email marketing not outdated?
Definitely not! Latest benchmark figures show that email marketing is providing great results - especially for small to medium sized businesses - with an increase in email-open-rates in the last 12 months across all sectors.
It works because -
- businesses with a good email list and database will instantly reach more people via email than social networks
- it builds relationships, loyalty and trust
- it allows targeting
- it is data driven
- it drives direct sales
So we know email marketing can be successful, but the basics have to be done right:
- Make sure that your list of recipients have given you permission to send them an email. These are the people who want to keep up to date with your business and have signed up for updates, thereby showing an interest in your business.
- Write interesting and helpful content for your reader.
- Keep them coming back for more. Email marketing is one of the best ways to promote specials and discounts and customers will be checking out these offers by clicking on the link to your website.
- The Email must look professional, that means no spelling mistakes or styling errors. Check, check check again.
- Have a clear call to action in your email, eg visit this or follow us on Facebook/Twitter. Your web designer will advise you on layout so that your offers stand out on the page.
- Test HTML emails. They display differently in different email clients, so what looks good in google mail may not look good in yahoo or outlook.
You will improve your business if you follow the above steps and it will help build relationships with customers and potential clients who will feel connected to you and your business by receiving your news on a regular basis.
Share this article
By Onika Staas
| Posted in:
Web Design Tips