For every business a website is a very important marketing tool. To stay ahead of your competition it is crucial that your website remains relevant and is keeping up with the ever-changing technology to increase traffic and conversions. If your website looks neglected and out of date it won't do your business any favour and will work against your companies reputation.
Just like in a shop you want your visitors to engage with your services or products and to stay longer than just few seconds on your website. Therefore you need to think about how your website looks and feels.
Does it offer a good user experience? Can your visitor find their way around easily? Does your website have fresh content or has it been a while since you last updated it? If so, it may be time to think about redesigning your website.
Here are 8 clues that it is time for a redesign, when
- your website is NOT responsive and mobile friendly
- your website is outdated, has broken links and old content
- your website is still using Flash, tables and frames
- your website does not generate enough traffic and does not convert any leads
- your competitors are outranking you in the search engine results
- you can not easily update the content of your website yourself
- you have outgrown your website
- you have changed your brand positioning
A redesign is not just about going for a new look, its about giving your visitor the best possible experience so they stay and engage with your products and services.
So, before starting your redesign project here are a few things to consider:
- when is the best time to do a redesign of your website?
- what are your objectives for the redesign and what do you want to achieve?
- what technologies are on trend and will help you to achieve your goals?
- what will be useful to your user?
- what about the structure of the website?
- what about the content?
- how can you convert browsing visitors to customers?
- do you need to update your content regularly and do you need a content management system?
With the right plan and strategy in place, your web designer can help you reflect the purpose and goals of your website.
Let me know if you need any help to analyse your existing website and a plan and strategy for your redesign project.